By Randal K. Michael
UNIX professional Randal okay. Michael publications you thru each aspect of writing shell scripts to automate particular projects. each one bankruptcy starts off with a regular, daily UNIX problem, then exhibits you the way to take uncomplicated syntax and switch it right into a shell scripting answer. masking Bash, Bourne, and Korn shell scripting, this up-to-date version presents whole shell scripts plus specified descriptions of every half. UNIX programmers and method directors can tailor those to construct instruments that computer screen for particular approach occasions and occasions, construction strong UNIX shell scripting abilities to resolve real-world method management difficulties.
Read or Download Mastering Unix Shell Scripting: Bash, Bourne, and Korn Shell Scripting for Programmers, System Administrators, and UNIX Gurus PDF
Similar unix books
Network and procedure safety offers targeted assurance of community and process protection applied sciences. Explores useful recommendations to a variety of community and platforms safety concerns. Chapters are authored by way of prime specialists within the box and tackle the quick and long-term demanding situations within the authors' respective parts of craftsmanship. insurance contains development a safe association; cryptography; process intrusion; UNIX and Linux safeguard; web defense, intranet defense; LAN protection; instant community defense; mobile community safeguard, RFID safeguard, and extra.
* Chapters contributed by way of leaders within the box overlaying foundational and sensible facets of process and community defense, delivering a brand new point of technical services now not chanced on elsewhere.
* accomplished and up to date insurance of the topic sector permits the reader to place present applied sciences to paintings
* provides equipment of research and challenge fixing strategies, improving the reader's clutch of the fabric and skill to enforce useful strategies
* Teaches the best way to paintings shrewdpermanent and stay away from the various pitfalls of dealing with Solaris platforms * Covers the most recent free up of Solaris, Solaris nine, in addition to prior types * Written by means of specialists with years of Solaris event * choked with functional, hands-on suggestions to difficult difficulties, exhibiting find out how to steer clear of expensive blunders * Tackles coping with approach functionality; the sunlight hearth line of Solaris firm servers; fitting, configuring, and patching Solaris; and making sure safeguard"
Get the booklet that exhibits you not just what to review, yet how one can examine. the single classroom-based built-in examine procedure for pro certification provides entire insurance of all pursuits for the sunlight qualified Programmer for Java five examination, 1000s of perform examination questions, and hands-on routines.
- Linux Bible (2010 Edition)
- Webmin & Virtualmin: The Open Source Alternative to Cpanel
- Learning Unix for OS X: Going Deep with the Terminal and Shell (2nd Edition)
- FreeBSD Unleashed
- UNIX: the textbook
Extra resources for Mastering Unix Shell Scripting: Bash, Bourne, and Korn Shell Scripting for Programmers, System Administrators, and UNIX Gurus
In most cases, the motherboard’s manual includes information on appropriate voltage 04 0672319187 CH02 6/26/00 9:01 AM Page 37 Motherboards CHAPTER 2 37 settings for the CPUs the board accepts. Occasionally this information may be missing, often because the CPU is a newer model than the motherboard. In these cases, check your motherboard manufacturer’s Web site for updated configuration information. CPU BIOS Support As a general rule, a BIOS does not need to include extensive support for specific models of CPU.
03 0672319187 CH01 6/26/00 9:01 AM Page 23 The Central Processing Unit CHAPTER 1 Advanced Non-Intel x86 CPUs Through 1999, Intel’s competitors continued to use the Socket 7 design for CPU interface used in most Pentium CPUs. This meant that most competing CPUs used L2 caches on the motherboard rather than the CPU (the exception being AMD’s K6-III), and these CPUs were limited to the 32-bit, 4GB memory address space of Pentiums. In terms of speed, though, some of these CPUs compete with CPUs through mid-range Pentium-IIIs.
03 0672319187 CH01 6/26/00 9:01 AM Page 25 The Central Processing Unit CHAPTER 1 25 Supported CPU Architectures 1 Earlier in this chapter, I outlined many of the CPUs available on desktop computers today, and pointed out the Linux distributions available for these CPUs. In fact, it’s the rare modern CPU for which Linux is not available. That’s not to say that Linux works equally well on all these architectures. Some of the pros and cons of each include THE CENTRAL PROCESSING UNIT • x86 Linux’s first CPU was the x86, and given the dominance of the x86 in the small computer marketplace, this is where most of the emphasis is in the Linux community.