By Sao-Jie Chen
The 1st a part of this paintings discusses the explanations on why we want to
design an 802.11g transceiver and the structure of the transceiver. We
decide to exploit a superheterodyne structure for the transceiver with the
baseband filters and to re-use the IF Variable achieve keep an eye on (VGA) in both
modulator and demodulator to minimize the chip dimension. procedure hyperlink budget
calculation has additionally been confirmed in this part.
The moment half comprise Chapters four and five. The DC offset cancellation in
modulator, and the I/Q profits and stages imbalance auto-calibration in both
modulator and demodulator are mentioned in this half. the ultimate chapters
illustrate the chip measured end result.
Read or Download IQ Calibration techniques for CMOS Radio Transceivers (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing) PDF
Similar microelectronics books
This finished booklet will supply either primary and utilized elements of adhesion touching on microelectronics in one and simply available resource. one of the themes to be lined include;Various theories or mechanisms of adhesionSurface (physical or chemical) characterization of fabrics because it relates to adhesionSurface cleansing because it relates to adhesionWays to enhance adhesionUnraveling of interfacial interactions utilizing an array of pertinent techniquesCharacterization of interfaces / interphasesPolymer-polymer adhesionMetal-polymer adhesion (metallized polymers)Polymer adhesion to varied substratesAdhesion of skinny filmsAdhesion of underfillsAdhesion of molding compoundsAdhesion of other dielectric materialsDelamination and reliability matters in packaged devicesInterface mechanics and crack propagationAdhesion size of skinny motion pictures and coatings
OP Amps intentionally straddles that imaginary line among the technician and engineering worlds. subject matters are rigorously addressed on 3 degrees: operational assessment, numerical research, and layout tactics. Troubleshooting recommendations are awarded that depend upon the applying of basic electronics ideas.
- Matching Properties of Deep Sub-Micron MOS Transistors (The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science)
- Logic Synthesis for Compositional Microprogram Control Units
- Msp430-based Robot Applications. A Guide to Developing Embedded Systems
- Programmable Controllers, Third Edition: An Engineer's Guide
Additional resources for IQ Calibration techniques for CMOS Radio Transceivers (Analog Circuits and Signal Processing)
5 degrees. 1dB of gain error and less than 1 degree of phase error. This ensures that the images are created at a level of -40dBc compared to the EVM requirement of –25dBc (rms). The detailed description on transmitter auto-I/Q calibration circuits will be shown in Chapter 4. 11b/g standard. In order to limit the white noise contribution to EVM, the I/Q modulaltor output noise is set to a level of 32dB down from the signal. 11g requirement of EVM at 25dBc (for 54Mbps). The circuitry after the SAW filter dominates the off-channel noise floor.
After the trade off between circuits linearity and current consumption, we design to let the OP1dB. BB / IF at the BB/IF section be -5dBm. Under this condition, the maximum OFDM IF signal output is 16dBm. When the total I/Q OFDM signal input power is -3dBm and the IF signal output is -16dBm, the BB/IF section gain AP. BB / IF is -13dB. After we know the gain of AP. BB / IF , we can get the gain of IF/RF section AP. IF / FE to be 21dB. One goal on the specification of the transmitter chipset is to provide a constant output power at the antenna.
1. 1 shows the architecture of IF VGA and I/Q demodulator in a receiver. 3, a 64dB gain range is provided by the RX VGA, succeeding the RX VGA is the I/Q demodulator. Signals are down converted to the in-phase and quadrature DC signals by the two mixers with two different phase local signals having a phase difference of 90 degree. Following the mixer, we need an aliasing low-pass filter to remove the upside band spur which occurs on the mixer output. This spur is far away (two time of IF frequency) from the DC signal, so using a low order filter is enough to remove this spur.