By Tammy Zitello
This is often the 1st accomplished, hands-on advisor to utilizing OpenView management instruments to maximise community functionality, availability, and cost. you can find specialist information on making plans, customization, automation, safety, optimization, troubleshooting, and a complete lot extra. After a pragmatic overview of community administration and SNMP, 3 HP specialists stroll you thru utilizing community Node supervisor (NNM) to observe community connectivity - and adapting NNM for your distinct necessities. subsequent, you will find easy methods to use consumer perspectives (CV) boxes to control your most vital assets, from consumers to websites. The authors provide sensible assistance on dealing with networks around the net utilizing HP's carrier details Portal, and on tracking desktops and software program with OpenView Operations (OVO). assurance comprises: Overcoming stumbling blocks to profitable community and process managementPlanning for deployment: a best-practices checklistRunning NNM: discovery, symbols, items, alarms, and queriesCustomizing NNM: submaps, software integration, customized symbols/fields, and moreCV: offering a logical view of units in line with client ownershipSIP: making administration details Web-accessible, step-by-stepManaging info assortment and occasion configurationScalability and distribution: distant consoles, filters, and dispensed net MonitoringRoles, carrier degrees, install, configuration, brokers, guidelines, and daily administrationTaking complete benefit of shrewdpermanent Plug-Ins (SPI)Improving flexibility by way of including a number of administration ServersIncludes OpenView Command fast Reference advisor in case you are a network/system administrator operating OpenView less than HP-UX, Unix, or home windows, OpenView approach management instruction manual will make you extra effective, more suitable, and extra necessary.
Read or Download HP OpenView System Administration Handbook: Network Node Manager, Customer Views, Service Information Portal, HP OpenView Operations PDF
Best unix books
Network and approach protection presents centred assurance of community and approach safety applied sciences. Explores functional suggestions to a variety of community and platforms safety concerns. Chapters are authored via top specialists within the box and handle the rapid and long-term demanding situations within the authors' respective components of craftsmanship. insurance contains construction a safe association; cryptography; procedure intrusion; UNIX and Linux defense; net safety, intranet defense; LAN safety; instant community protection; mobile community safeguard, RFID protection, and extra.
* Chapters contributed via leaders within the box overlaying foundational and functional elements of approach and community safeguard, supplying a brand new point of technical services no longer chanced on elsewhere.
* complete and up-to-date insurance of the topic region permits the reader to place present applied sciences to paintings
* offers equipment of study and challenge fixing concepts, bettering the reader's grab of the fabric and talent to enforce functional suggestions
* Teaches the right way to paintings shrewdpermanent and keep away from the various pitfalls of coping with Solaris structures * Covers the newest unlock of Solaris, Solaris nine, in addition to past models * Written by way of specialists with years of Solaris adventure * jam-packed with sensible, hands-on strategies to difficult difficulties, exhibiting easy methods to steer clear of high priced blunders * Tackles handling approach functionality; the solar hearth line of Solaris firm servers; fitting, configuring, and patching Solaris; and making sure protection"
Get the e-book that indicates you not just what to check, yet tips on how to examine. the single classroom-based built-in examine method for pro certification promises entire insurance of all ambitions for the sunlight qualified Programmer for Java five examination, hundreds of thousands of perform examination questions, and hands-on routines.
- The Linux Programming Interface: A Linux and UNIX System Programming Handbook
- Manage Partitions with GParted
- Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger
- Grundkurs UNIX/Linux: Das neuartige Medienbuch: Lehrbuch und interaktive Software in Einem
Additional info for HP OpenView System Administration Handbook: Network Node Manager, Customer Views, Service Information Portal, HP OpenView Operations
If the OVO product is loaded and configured with the basic events and templates deployed, the system will be inundated with information about the monitored systems. Most of this information will be unwanted, unnecessary, and duplicated. Literally tens of thousands of events and messages can easily be generated on a daily basis if the default templates and traps are deployed out-of-the-box. It is virtually impossible to peruse through fifty thousand messages on a daily basis. The same concept applies to NNM.
If the information cannot be retrieved from the SNMP agent, another way will have to be devised, possibly through an OVO action, command, or monitor, or some other method or add-on product. Tip When using NNM Threshold and Monitoring, only numeric variables can be retrieved for status checking. Polling for changes in text cannot be done. 2 OpenView Operations OVO is agent based, meaning that an agent is deployed to the node and alarms (messages) are sent to the OVO Management station based upon the templates assigned to the node.
1 &"docText">Network and systems management systems most commonly fail to work properly due to a misunderstanding of how a product actually works and how it behaves when it interacts with parts of the operating system and other management systems within the management domain. The least understood part of the operating system also deserves the most attention and impairs the network and systems management systems from working correctly: the configuration of host name resolution in conjunction with an administrator's unique host-naming convention.