By Havoc Pennington
This identify is for the reader who's conversant with the c language and UNIX/Linux improvement. It presents distinct and solution-oriented details designed to fulfill the desires of programmers and alertness builders utilizing the GTK+/Gnome libraries. assurance enhances current GTK+/Gnome documentation, going into extra intensity on pivotal concerns equivalent to uncovering the GTK+ item method, operating with the development loop, dealing with the Gdk substrate, writing customized widgets, and mstering GnomeCanvas.
Read or Download GTK+ Gnome Application Development PDF
Similar unix books
Network and process protection offers targeted insurance of community and procedure defense applied sciences. Explores useful ideas to quite a lot of community and structures protection matters. Chapters are authored by means of prime specialists within the box and deal with the instant and long-term demanding situations within the authors' respective components of workmanship. assurance contains development a safe association; cryptography; procedure intrusion; UNIX and Linux safety; web safety, intranet defense; LAN protection; instant community protection; mobile community safeguard, RFID protection, and extra.
* Chapters contributed by means of leaders within the box masking foundational and functional features of approach and community safety, delivering a brand new point of technical services now not discovered elsewhere.
* finished and up-to-date insurance of the topic region permits the reader to place present applied sciences to paintings
* provides tools of research and challenge fixing concepts, bettering the reader's take hold of of the fabric and skill to enforce sensible suggestions
* Teaches how you can paintings clever and stay away from the numerous pitfalls of coping with Solaris platforms * Covers the newest unencumber of Solaris, Solaris nine, in addition to previous models * Written by means of specialists with years of Solaris event * filled with sensible, hands-on ideas to difficult difficulties, exhibiting how you can steer clear of expensive errors * Tackles coping with method functionality; the solar fireplace line of Solaris company servers; fitting, configuring, and patching Solaris; and making sure safeguard"
Get the publication that indicates you not just what to check, yet tips on how to examine. the one classroom-based built-in examine method for pro certification provides whole assurance of all ambitions for the solar qualified Programmer for Java five examination, hundreds and hundreds of perform examination questions, and hands-on routines.
- Pluggable Authentication Modules
- Mac OS X Panther in a Nutshell
- Learn Enough Text Editor To Be Dangerous (Developer Fundamentals, Book 2)
- UNIX Shells by Example
- Linux in a Nutshell
- Policy Routing Using Linux
Additional info for GTK+ Gnome Application Development
H> 34 Chapter 2. glib: Portability and Utility g_new(type, count); g_new0(type, count); g_renew(type, mem, count); Figure 2-6. Allocation macros String Handling glib provides a number of functions for string handling; some are unique to glib, and some solve portability concerns. They all interoperate nicely with the glib memory allocation routines. For those interested in a better string than gchar*, there’s also a GString type. org/. ); gint g_strcasecmp(const gchar* s1, const gchar* s2); gint g_strncasecmp(const gchar* s1, const gchar* s2, guint n); Figure 2-7.
The box-wide spacing setting determines how much blank space to leave between children; so this value is multiplied by the number of chilren minus one, and added to the base size request. Note that spacing does not belong to a child; it is blank space between children and is unaffected by the expand and fill parameters. Padding, on the other hand, is the space around each child and is affected by the child’s packing parameters. 5. All containers have a "border width" setting; two times the border width is added to the request, representing a border on either side.
If no child can expand, the extra is used to add more space in the center of the box, between the start-packed widgets and the end-packed widgets. 3. If the box is homogeneous, the extra is distributed according to need; those children who requested more space get less extra, so that everyone ends up with the same amount of space. The expand parameter is ignored for homogeneous boxes—extra is distributed to all children, not just the expandable ones. 4. When a child gets some extra space, there are two possibilities.