Urban Planning Development

Eco-Urban Design by John A. Flannery

By John A. Flannery

Экология и современная архитектура. Книга рассказывает о современных подходах к решению этой насущной проблемы. как вписать зеленые насаждения в дизайн зданий. Как сделать так, чтобы архитектура соотносилась с гармонией природы, чтобы человек ощущал в помещениях комфортно и естественно. Множество красочных фотографий, иллюстрирующих современные решения зодчих. Книга для любителей архитектуры и специалистов.

Show description

Read Online or Download Eco-Urban Design PDF

Similar urban planning & development books

Planning in Postmodern Times

This publication analyzes making plans from a postmodern standpoint and explores replacement conceptions in response to a mixture of postmodern considering and different fields of social thought. In doing so, it exposes a few of the limits of postmodern social conception whereas supplying an alternate notion of making plans within the twenty first century.

Housing Policy Matters: A Global Analysis

This booklet unifies housing coverage through integrating industrialized and developing-country interventions within the housing area right into a entire worldwide framework. 100 signs are used to match housing rules and stipulations in fifty three international locations. Statistical research confirms that--after accounting for fiscal development--enabling housing guidelines lead to better housing stipulations.

How green is the city?: sustainability assessment and the management of urban environments

This ebook offers with sensible how you can achieve a extra sustainable nation in city components via such instruments as strategic environmental evaluation, sustainability overview, path research, baseline atmosphere and development dimension, sustainability pursuits, and ecological footprint research. (Winter 2003)

Drivers of Integration and Regionalism in Europe and Asia: Comparative perspectives

This booklet examines the drivers of regionalism and integration in either Europe and Asia and seeks to forge comparative views among the 2 areas. Comprising contributions from students, analysts and policymakers, this quantity explores and debates how and why local our bodies similar to the eu Union (EU) and the organization of Southeast Asian countries (ASEAN) are shaped and sustained.

Additional resources for Eco-Urban Design

Example text

Fig. 6). --I . . ,... 61F) .... Bo 42 G,... Ch Schools I Phoenix I USA I F'-, 1 ebcml I F'-, 2 opp_lte J. A. Flannery, K. M. V. 2011 Fig. ---=" =" == " ,_ ............. , -... , " = " = " ~~~ ' ~~M7=~ , ,,-,,,,~ " ,,~- ,, -~ ,,~- 44 \\ Green Dot E. 27th StnIet Chartar HlJlh Schools I Phoenix I USA I FIg. 4 above Fig. 5 below \ \ . ::::. " ~~________) --"-,,. AN ~ r<-C""'"""""'1. ",, <>ob>- Green Dot E. 27th Street C2'1arter HIlh Schools I Phoenix I USA I Fig. 8 above 45 The requirement to create distinctive, formal identities for the two schools was achieved through emphasising the established differences between the two buildings, particularly the contrast between the masonry and concrete facades.

The guiding policy shaping principle Is the continued absence of industrialisation. The local economy comprises mainly of service, retail and recreational activity. The District reported in 2005 that commercial property comprises only 4% of total property values, with the remaining 96% being residential. The sloping site of the Gleneagles Community Centre Is a microcosm of West Vancouver's topography. The cross-sectlonal slope is used to vertically stack the space on three levels, minimising the footprint of the building.

13 above left I FIg. 14 above right Fig. 16 below Graen Dot E. , Schools I Phoenix I USA I FIJI. 16 above left I FIJI. 17 above right 49 The Philadelphia Police Department Forensic Science Center Is located in a formerly derelict and abandoned school building (Fig. 1). The art deco style facade was constructed in 1929 from a concrete frame Infilled wtth brickwork facades and industrial style fenestration (FIgS. 5, 6, 7). The challenges facing the design team were numerous. The City of Philadelphia and its project partners demanded that the Forensic Science Center shoukt provide a model for sustainable design and construction within the city.

Download PDF sample

Rated 4.57 of 5 – based on 33 votes