By Gerald G. Briggs, Roger K. Freeman, Sumner J. Yaffe
The completely up to date 6th variation of this renowned reference offers functional, trustworthy info on greater than 1,000 prescription drugs and average items that could be utilized by pregnant ladies or lactating moms. greater than 2 hundred drugs--including nicotine, thalidomide, and new anesthetics--are further to this version. Chapters on two hundred medications, together with cocaine, benzodiazepines, and hormonal items, are considerably revised. every one drug monograph incorporates a chance issue score that exhibits the substance's capability for antagonistic results within the fetus or boy or girl. medicinal drugs are indexed alphabetically and listed by way of either alternate and accepted names in order that the reader can speedy locate info.
Read Online or Download Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation PDF
Best science books
Do we ever find a unmarried clinical concept that tells us every thing that has occurred, and every thing that would ensue, on each point within the Universe? the search for the idea of every little thing - a unmarried key that unlocks all of the secrets and techniques of the Universe - isn't any longer a pipe-dream, however the concentration of a few of our most enjoyable learn in regards to the constitution of the cosmos.
Physicians in historical Greece believed 4 humours flowed in the human body—blood, phlegm, black bile, and choler—determining a person's well-being, temper, and personality. now not until eventually the 17th century might a extra complicated view of the anatomy start to emerge. yet by means of then humoural concept had already turn into deeply ingrained in Western language and thought—and endures to at the present time in extraordinary methods.
Reflecting the very newest concept on range matters in technological know-how schooling, together with new dialogic techniques, this quantity explores the topic from a number views and attracts on reports from all over the world. The paintings discusses basic subject matters corresponding to how we conceptualize variety in addition to reading the ways that heterogeneous cultural constructs effect the educating and studying of technological know-how in a number contexts.
- Cognitive Behavior Therapy: Applying Empirically Supported Techniques in Your Practice
- Science for Agriculture and Rural Development in Low-income Countries
- Advanced Nanotube and Nanofiber Materials
- The Best American Science and Nature Writing 2011
- Depletion and Abundance: Life on the New Home Front
Additional info for Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation
8. de Martino M, Tovo P-A, Pezzotti P, Galli L, Massironi E, Ruga E, Floreea F, Plebani A, Gabiano C, Zuccotti GV. HIV-1 transmission through breast-milk: appraisal of risk according to duration of feeding. AIDS 1992;6:991–7. 9. Van de Perre P. Postnatal transmission of human immunodeficiency virus type 1: the breast feeding dilemma. Am J Obstet Gynecol 1995;173:483–7. Index ACARBOSE Drugs in Pregnancy and Lactation Name: ACARBOSE Class: Antidiabetic Risk Factor: BM Fetal Risk Summary Breast Feeding Summary References Fetal Risk Summary Acarbose is an oral a-glucosidase inhibitor that delays the digestion of ingested carbohydrates within the gastrointestinal tract, thereby reducing the rise in blood glucose after meals (1).
The maximum dose in rabbits produced slight intrauterine growth retardation (IUGR) that was thought to be secondary to maternal toxicity. No human malformations attributable to acebutolol have been observed, but experience with the drug during the 1st trimester is lacking. In a study comparing three b-blockers, the mean birth weight of 56 newborns was slightly lower than 38 pindolol-exposed infants, but higher than 31 offspring of atenolol-treated mothers (3160 g vs. 3375 g vs. 2745 g) (2). However, IUGR has been associated with b-blockers and the weight reduction may have been drug-induced (see last section below).
Case report. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1984;91:286–8. Ludmir J, Main DM, Landon MB, Gabbe SG. Maternal acetaminophen overdose at 15 weeks of gestation. Obstet Gynecol 1986;67:750–1. Rosevear SK, Hope PL. Favourable neonatal outcome following maternal paracetamol overdose and severe fetal distress: case report. Br J Obstet Gynaecol 1989;96:491–3. Friedman S, Gatti M, Baker T. Cesarean section after maternal acetaminophen overdose. Anesth Analg 1993;77:632–4. Riggs BS, Bronstein AC, Kulig K, Archer PG, Rumack BH.