By Rawdon Wyatt
Read or Download Check Your English Vocabulary for Toefl: All You Need to Pass Your Exams (Check Your English Vocabulary) 2nd edition PDF
Best dictionaries books
Easy & Engaging ESL Activities and Mini-Books for Every Classroom: Terrific Teaching Tips, Games, Mini-Books & More to Help New Students from Every Nation Build Basic English Vocabulary and Feel Welcome!
Unsure the best way to train a scholar who speaks just a little English or none in any respect? This quickly and straightforward consultant can assist with assistance for getting ready in your new pupil, assessing the child’s wishes and talents, speaking with the student’s relations, and masses extra. to be used with Grades 1-4.
This version is written in English. even if, there's a operating Spanish word list on the backside of every web page for the tougher English phrases highlighted within the textual content. there are various variants of The Moonstone. This version will be beneficial for those who could
This can be the one absolutely illustrated telecommunciations dictionary anyplace. it's thoroughly up to date - revised and improved to incorporate streaming media, electronic content material, and MPEG-4/MPEG-7 insurance. It positive aspects: greater than 4000 concise, exact definitions; six hundred illustrations; over 8000 references; an absolutely searchable CD-ROM with the total dictionary in searchable PDF layout; and, one thousand bonus pages of exact insurance from 30 different amazing McGraw-Hill technical references.
Latin-English vocabulary for Ørberg’s Sermones Romani, see that e-book for additional information.
- CRC World Dictionary of Grasses: Common Names, Scientific Names, Eponyms, Synonyms, and Etymology - 3 Volume Set
- Websters Inuktitut - English Thesaurus Dictionary
- McGraw-Hill's Super-Mini American Slang Dictionary
- The Piazza Tales (Webster's German Thesaurus Edition)
- Much Ado About Nothing (Webster's Thesaurus Edition)
- Pictorial Dictionary of Ancient Athens
Extra resources for Check Your English Vocabulary for Toefl: All You Need to Pass Your Exams (Check Your English Vocabulary) 2nd edition
In each of the sentences below, change the verb in bold into its opposite form using one of the prefixes above. , and in some cases by also removing a letter). Then use your answers to complete the crossword on the next page. Across (ı) 2. The press have once again quote the President: he said that women were “America's hope for the future”, and not “America's hopeless future”. 3. The National Patients' Association is calling on Senators around the country to make doctors legally responsible for diagnose an illness.
Some parents are criticized for the way they bring / make / throw up their children. (to raise children) 2. They refused to move / face / come up to their responsibilities, with disastrous consequences. (to accept an unpleasant state of affairs, and try to deal with it) 3. 4. The President decided to shout / cry / call off his visit to Europe. (to not to go ahead with a plan) It is only at election time that senators add / count / read on support from their constituents. (to rely / depend on other people) 5.
36. Rich agricultural soil. 13. A calm, peaceful sea. 37. A level surface. 14. A small margin of opportunity. 15. A secret operation. 16. An insignificant amount of money 38. Very important information (2 possible words). 39. A diverse program of events. 17. Dangerous chemicals. 40. Essential raw materials (2 possible words). 18. An exhibition of modern art. 41. Poisonous gases. 19. Lasting appeal. 42. Clear and direct comments. 20. Extremely unusual circumstances. 21. Very strange or unusual behavior.