By Stan Stringfellow
Backup & repair Practices for sunlight company Servers is a pragmatic consultant for IT corporations tasked with imposing or revamping a backup/restore structure to serve ultra-modern high-volume, dispensed program environments. Backup & repair Practices for solar company Servers addresses concerns reminiscent of scalability and function of the backup/restore structure, standards for choosing instruments and applied sciences, and key tradeoffs to think about. The authors supply distinctive, real-world case experiences, a start-to-finish method, instance runbooks, and entire technical instructions for making plans backup architectures that meet targeted carrier degrees. For all process and community directors operating solar company Servers.
Read or Download Backup and Restore Practices for Sun Enterprise Servers PDF
Best unix books
Network and method safety presents targeted assurance of community and process safeguard applied sciences. Explores sensible options to quite a lot of community and structures safeguard matters. Chapters are authored through top specialists within the box and tackle the fast and long-term demanding situations within the authors' respective parts of workmanship. assurance comprises development a safe association; cryptography; process intrusion; UNIX and Linux safety; web protection, intranet safety; LAN protection; instant community defense; mobile community safety, RFID defense, and extra.
* Chapters contributed by way of leaders within the box overlaying foundational and functional elements of procedure and community defense, delivering a brand new point of technical services now not discovered elsewhere.
* finished and up to date assurance of the topic zone permits the reader to place present applied sciences to paintings
* offers equipment of study and challenge fixing ideas, improving the reader's clutch of the cloth and skill to enforce useful strategies
* Teaches how one can paintings clever and steer clear of the numerous pitfalls of dealing with Solaris platforms * Covers the most recent free up of Solaris, Solaris nine, in addition to prior models * Written through specialists with years of Solaris event * jam-packed with useful, hands-on options to tricky difficulties, exhibiting find out how to stay away from expensive blunders * Tackles dealing with method functionality; the solar hearth line of Solaris firm servers; fitting, configuring, and patching Solaris; and making sure defense"
Get the booklet that exhibits you not just what to check, yet the right way to learn. the one classroom-based built-in learn approach for pro certification grants whole insurance of all goals for the sunlight qualified Programmer for Java five examination, enormous quantities of perform examination questions, and hands-on routines.
- Just Enough Unix
- Solaris and LDAP naming services : deploying LDAP in the Enterprise
- Your UNIX/Linux: The Ultimate Guide
- HP Certified: HP-UX System Administration
- SAS system for statistical graphics
- Learning Unix for OS X Mountain Lion: Using Unix and Linux Tools at the Command Line
Additional info for Backup and Restore Practices for Sun Enterprise Servers
TechEvolve is building a tape SAN and will back up their servers onto the SAN, rather than using directly attached tape devices. This approach will enable them to allocate tapes as needed to any server connected to the SAN. Ultimately, they will do away with directly attached tape devices altogether, since the servers will be “directly attached” to the SAN instead. However, they still plan to do normal network backups for servers that host less than 20 Gbytes of data. Manual Backups versus Automatic Backups The company minimizes the use of manual backups and does not make userdirected backups available at all.
Continuous operation is important for DLT drives since they require a relatively long time to spin up. The multiplexing needs to be set high enough on a tape drive 22 Backup and Restore Practices for Sun Enterprise Servers so that it can accept enough streams to keep it continuously busy. In some situations, multiplexing might be set to just one stream. This can be the case when one or more tape devices connect directly to a large Oracle database. The tape devices can run at full speed in this scenario.
Does the tool support your tape libraries? Support should be provided for all leading robotic tape devices. ■ Does the tool support commonly used tape devices? Support should be provided for all leading tape devices. Chapter 1 Managing a Backup and Restore Initiative 15 ■ Can tape volumes, drives, and libraries be viewed? The tool should report on tape usage, drive configuration, and so forth. Cost Backup and restore costs can be complex. Ask the following questions: ■ What are the software licensing costs?