By K. L. Mittal, Tanweer Ahsan
This accomplished publication will offer either primary and utilized points of adhesion referring to microelectronics in one and simply obtainable resource. one of the themes to be coated include;
- Various theories or mechanisms of adhesion
- Surface (physical or chemical) characterization of fabrics because it relates to adhesion
- Surface cleansing because it relates to adhesion
- Ways to enhance adhesion
- Unraveling of interfacial interactions utilizing an array of pertinent techniques
- Characterization of interfaces / interphases
- Polymer-polymer adhesion
- Metal-polymer adhesion (metallized polymers)
- Polymer adhesion to numerous substrates
- Adhesion of skinny films
- Adhesion of underfills
- Adhesion of molding compounds
- Adhesion of other dielectric materials
- Delamination and reliability concerns in packaged devices
- Interface mechanics and crack propagation
- Adhesion size of skinny movies and coatings
Read Online or Download Adhesion in Microelectronics PDF
Best microelectronics books
This complete e-book will offer either basic and utilized elements of adhesion concerning microelectronics in one and simply available resource. one of the issues to be lined include;Various theories or mechanisms of adhesionSurface (physical or chemical) characterization of fabrics because it relates to adhesionSurface cleansing because it relates to adhesionWays to enhance adhesionUnraveling of interfacial interactions utilizing an array of pertinent techniquesCharacterization of interfaces / interphasesPolymer-polymer adhesionMetal-polymer adhesion (metallized polymers)Polymer adhesion to numerous substratesAdhesion of skinny filmsAdhesion of underfillsAdhesion of molding compoundsAdhesion of alternative dielectric materialsDelamination and reliability concerns in packaged devicesInterface mechanics and crack propagationAdhesion dimension of skinny motion pictures and coatings
OP Amps intentionally straddles that imaginary line among the technician and engineering worlds. issues are conscientiously addressed on 3 degrees: operational review, numerical research, and layout approaches. Troubleshooting ideas are provided that depend on the applying of basic electronics rules.
- CMOS : front-end electronics for radiation sensors
- Signal Processing for Wireless Communications
- Application-Specific Mesh-based Heterogeneous FPGA Architectures
- Micro Mechanical Transducers, Volume 8: Pressure Sensors, Accelerometers and Gyroscopes
Extra info for Adhesion in Microelectronics
S. Affrossman, N. M. D. Brown, R. A. Pethrick, and V. K. , 16, 469–473 (1983). 45. N. M. D. Brown, R. J. Turner, S. Affrossman, I. R. Dunkin, R. A. Pethrick, and C. J. Shields, Adsorption of simulated epoxy resin fragments: IETS and matrix Study of Molecular Bonding or Adhesion 46. 47. 48. 49. 50. 51. 52. 53. 54. 55. 56. 57. 58. 59. 60. 61. 62. 63. r. study of an adduct of n-propylamine and 1,2-epoxy butane, Spectrochim. Acta, 40B, 847–851 (1985). S. D. Senturia, Polyimides in microelectronics, in: Polymers for High Technology, Electronics and Photonics, M.
Pritchard, D. P. Oxley, and C. C. Horley, Conductance changes in inelastic electron tunnelling junctions during infusion doping, Thin Solid Films, 112, 193–202 (1984). P. Pape, Adhesion promoters: Silane coupling agents, in: Applied Engineering Plastics Handbook: Processing and Materials, M. ), pp 503–518, Elsevier, New York (2011). R. R. Mallik, S. Anabtawi, B. Moore, and T. A. , 380, 124–130 (1997). M. A. Green, Thin-film solar cells: Review of materials, technologies and commercial status, J.
Depending on the loading mode, there can be progressive load scribe test or constant load scribe test. In the progressive load scribe test, the stylus is dragged across the coated surface under a linearly increasing normal load (Fn) until failure occurs when it reaches the critical load (Fn,c). In the constant load scribe test, a series of scribe tests are conducted at constant normal loads to find critical load (Fn,c) at which adhesion failure occurs. The critical load can be detected with the aid of optical or scanning electron microscopy after the test, or via simultaneous measurement of acoustic emission and electrical surface resistance.