By P.K. Chatterjee, B.S. Gupta
This ebook discusses the theoretical points of absorbency in addition to the constitution, houses and function of fabrics. The chapters are prepared in an method for the reader to increase steadily via basic theories of absorbency to more effective facets of the expertise. themes coated contain medical ideas of absorbency and constitution estate relationships; fabric expertise together with tremendous absorbents, non-woven, common and artificial fibres and surfactants; absorbency size concepts and expertise point of view. The reader is supplied with present prestige details on know-how and is additionally knowledgeable on very important advancements in the box.
Read Online or Download Absorbent Technology PDF
Similar manufacturing books
ASM instruction manual, Vol. 20: fabrics choice and layout fabrics choice and layout is a accomplished reference at the simple strategies, methodologies, and knowledge assets facing fabrics choice and its integration with engineering layout techniques. It makes the relationship among layout and fabrics engineering.
Conceptually, 3D printing or layered production is how to construct components with out utilizing any part-specific tooling or dies from the pc aided layout (CAD) dossier of the half. at the present time so much engineered units are 3D published first to examine for his or her form, measurement, and performance sooner than large-scale construction.
Basics of producing, 3rd version presents a dependent overview for the producing Technologist and production Engineer Certification Examinations. This booklet has been up-to-date in accordance with the newest model of the producing basics "Body of data" released by way of the qualified production Technologist and authorized production Engineer Oversight & Appeals Committee of the Society of producing Engineers.
- ERP:Making It Happen: The Implementers' Guide to Success with Enterprise Resource Planning
- Service Orientation in Holonic and Multi-Agent Manufacturing
- Evolution of Supply Chain Management: Symbiosis of Adaptive Value Networks and ICT
- Engineering Documentation Control Handbook. Configuration Management in Industry
- Manufactured Fibre Technology
- The Handbook of Service Industries
Extra resources for Absorbent Technology
1~Re, occurs in the case of faster flow. The critical Reynolds number above which this deviation occurs is around 1. 1 to 75. The classical correlations between porosity and flow in the non-laminar flow region with high Reynold number are available in the literature (see ref. 58, 59, 61,70). 5. UNSTEADY STATE F L O W T H R O U G H POROUS MEDIA In most practical absorbency situations the liquid movement is an unsteady state flow where the porous medium is not uniformly and Completely saturated, and where the liquid distribution throughout the medium changes with time.
Each fiber contributes 1/6 th of its volume to the volume of the triangle. The volume per unit length of the triangle (the capillary unit cell) occupied by the fibers is S and is given by: S= 1 F 6Bol_ nidi | (53) Pi J The packing factor for the triangular element is given by the following equation: 4S - ya r 43 (54) The value given by eq. 54 must equal the packing factor of the fabric element given by eq. 41. Equating the two yields the following value for the length, Y: - I 4 ATS . 1112 (55) Capillary radius, r, is defined as the radius of a circle whose area equals the unoccupied area of the triangle.
12. Five models of swollen gel structures . e many cases can involve a ten- or hundred-fold increase in volume, such as in the case of the "superabsorbents". Swelling is a diffusion phenomenon driven by the affinity of the molecules of the swelling material for the molecules of the contacting fluid. Five general models of swollen gel structure [102-104] are shown in Fig. 12. The first diagram (a), a classical cross-linked network, has a swelling limit controlled by a balance between the thermodynamic forces due to polymer-solvent interactions and the entropic force of coiled polymer chains.